Skip Navigation

Records - Requesting a Transcript

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) requires that all transcript requests received by mail or fax be signed and dated by the person to whom the record belongs. Telephone requests CANNOT be accepted.  There is a limit of ten transcripts per request.

Upon receipt of the request, official transcripts are normally processed within three business days.

University policy prohibits issuing transcripts (official or unofficial) to any student indebted to the University. The issuance of partial transcripts is also prohibited.

There are a variety of ways to request an official transcript.

Current and Recent Students:
Students who have attended the University of Maine within the last five years may request an official transcript through the Student Center in MaineStreet by selecting “Transcript: Request Official” in the “other academic…” drop down box shown under the “Academics” area.  This is the preferred method, and most efficient way, of requesting an official transcript.  Requesting an official transcript through MaineStreet is convenient and allows the student to view the status and details of the request.

Click here for MaineStreet login assistance or contact the UMaine IT Help Center at 207-581-2506 or University of Maine System Tech Support at 1-800-696-HELP (4357).

Former Students:
Students not enrolled at the University of Maine over the past five years may order transcripts online.  This online transcript ordering service provides order status updates by email or text messages and you may also track your transcript order online.

Transcripts may be requested in person by visiting the Office of Student Records during office hours, 10 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., and presenting photo identification.

Office of Student Records
5781 Wingate Hall, Room 100
Orono, ME 04469-5781
Fax: (207)-561-3453

Unofficial Transcripts

Current students may obtain an unofficial transcript through the Student Center in MaineStreet by selecting “Transcript: View Unofficial” in the “other academic…” drop down box shown under the “Academics” area.  Unofficial transcripts may also be requested from the Office of Student Records using the same request process as for the official transcript.  Unofficial transcripts can be faxed if a return fax number is provided.



Back to Records